Mar 27, 2009

Pittsburgh!

Tomorrow some of the girls from the department and I are taking a trip to Pittsburgh for the weekend! :-) I am so excited, I've been wanting to check out Pittsburgh for awhile. Considering it's Pennsylvania's OTHER city, apparently with a totally different vibe than mine. Plus it'll be nice to be in a real city again, instead of a tiny college town.

Personally, I'm going to try to do this whole trip under a $175 budget. So far we found a nice hotel a little way from downtown for only $35 a person for Sat night with a free shuttle to downtown and free breakfast (yay!). Gas won't be too bad either, since it's less than 3 hours away-- I'm guessing less than $10 a person, even in my big Jeep. Then that leaves me about $130 for food, going out, and any museums or sights we want to see/do. I think I'll be able to do it!

(Oh and special thanks goes out to my linguistics professor for canceling class on Monday-- without her, none of this would be possible!)

0 comments: