Mar 30, 2009

Budget Success in Pittsburgh :-)

Pittsburgh was a lot of fun, AND I came in under budget! I wanted to spend under $175 for the whole trip, and I spent $135! We were lucky because we stumbled across an information kiosk and the lady there gave us a book of coupons for all the museums. So when we combined the buy one get one free coupons with the student discounts, we got some amazing deals. The totals were:
$45/person for the hotel (one girl canceled on us)
$10/person for gas
$62 for food and drinks
$19 for museums and attractions

We did a lot of cool things like the Carnegie Museums, the Incline, the Nationality Rooms @ UPitt, and the Warhol museum. The Nationality Rooms and the Incline were my favorites, but the coolest part of the trip by far was when we went out for dinner on Saturday night. We went to this brewery that is in a church (which is the coolest idea ever invented, btw)-- it was weird to see stained glass mixed with big tanks of beer. The food was amazingly good, plus we got this cool cherry beer and red velvet cupcakes for dessert!

The only problem is that I paid for a lot of things for our group since it's easiest just to pay back one person. Each of the girls owes me $90 and I am a bit nervous that they will keep forgetting to pay me back. I really don't want to pester them for the money. But it's only our first day back, so we'll see how it goes.

1 comments:

JR Moreau said...

I am impressed that you did this on a budget! I feel like it's hard not to be the "downer" type on a trip when you're watching what you spend. Glad you had fun and kept yr. expenses in check!