Jan 7, 2010

Back from MN!

Just got back from my vacation to Minnesota yesterday, and damn, it looks like I got back just in time!! I mean, it was basically a frozen wasteland as it is, -27 degrees some days! It was a bit of a bummer to be stuck inside a lot, since I wanted to go ice skating and sledding and other cool wintery outside things, but the weather just did not cooperate at all. It was still fun and still worth it though! I got to meet the boy's crazy parents and friends (and grandparents and aunts and uncles...), see a new place, and experience cold like I've never felt before (hah!). My favorite parts: riding on the roller coasters inside the Mall of America (something that's been on my "to-do" list for years!!!!) and New Years Eve. We had the best of both worlds for New Years-- watched the ball drop on TV from the nice cozy couch and then went out for the second New Years since it's an hour behind the east coast. We saw this really awesome rock band, and it wasn't too crowded so we could actually dance and goof off. It was really perfect. :-)

As far as expenses go, I did really well. I got $120 cash for Christmas and just used that for my expenses on the trip, and still came ten bucks under! I'm super pumped about this-- it means I don't have to take any money out of my Travel Fund to pay for the trip (besides the $200 I took out way back to pay for the plane ticket in the first place)! Victory is mine! ;-)

0 comments: