Dec 27, 2010

Merry Christmas!

Hi everyone, I hope you had a Merry Christmas and lots of fun with family and friends. For those who don't celebrate, I hope you had a nice long weekend! :-)

My Christmas was nice, we had a little bit of drama and worrying yesterday because of the snow storm, but it turned out alright. We had everyone over our house this year, and though I hate to say it, I'm sort of glad it's over. I haven't had a chance to relax during my break yet because of all the cooking, cleaning, shopping, and wrapping that I had to help my mom with. She worked all week long and didn't have time, so I was the Christmas slave. But now it's all done and I can relax, read, and enjoy my new gifts! I got lots of new stuff for my apartment this year-- I was like little Sally Homemaker or something. The boy and my mom both bought me cookbooks, I got some Pyrex mixing bowls (which I've been wanting for so long!!), a cupcake pan/carrier, a new bookcase, a toolbox and an external hard drive. I actually got a lot of surprises this year, which is not usually the case.

As far as I could tell, everyone in my family liked the presents I gave them too. I don't usually spend too much every year, usually between 25-50 for each person. This year I got my dad a headlamp (he has been asking for it for months), my mom an Underarmor baseball hat she can wear while exercising (another request), my grandma a purse, my sister the complete works of Edgar Allen Poe, and my brother a hand crafted bowl made out of a Simon & Garfunkel record. For the boy I bought NBA Jam for Christmas, and this card game called Munchkin for his birthday present. And I think they were all happy with them. :-)

2 comments:

Dolly Iris said...

Sounds like you got a pretty good haul for xmas. The holidays can be a little overwhelming with everything that goes on but I missed it this year. Its good for me to be reminded about how special it really all is. I'm glad you a had a good time. :0)

jasonfan said...

According to the law, a wedding dress offen have two steps. The new couple must sign in the registration office to register a marriage. This is usually held in the workday, participants also include the wittness of marriage , family members and close friends. Then the bride and
bridal online shop will choose another place to host weddings, which offen on saturdays. A special ceremony held outside is also popular. Some couples chose only parties to celebrate.
“The currently trend of wedding ceremony is that the new couples want to have fewer guests while they can spend a pleasant moments, tastes a high-qulity banquet and also have a rule on the wearing ”.said by Blair , a wholesale wedding dresses planner in switzerland.
As one of the first wedding planer of the country, Blair have organized and planned the weddings for 12 working years. As far as Blair have concerned, a sucessful wedding has its secret. “ the most important thing is that the new Lace wedding dressescan have their dream came true. They can give a schedule to make clear the activities for the guests.