Aug 5, 2008

New ING Fund

Well, nothing too drastic happened, but I revamped some of my money goals (you can see the new and improved versions on the side). Considering I drive a beater, I want to buy a new car in the next few years. I would prefer to pay for it mostly in cash, so I started a "New Car Fund" with my ING account. So far I only put in $1,000, but I hope to get about ten before I buy the car. I'm looking towards a Yaris or a Versa, so hopefully I'm not dreaming too big. I'm not sure how long it will take me to bank $10,000 since I'll be in grad school for the next two to five years, but we'll see. Plus, if it's earning such high interest, the money will grow much faster than if I keep it in my bank at home.

2 comments:

JR Moreau said...

I bought a Yaris in Feb (financed a good amount of it though). They're great cars, as are Versas. Plenty of room inside and great gas mileage.

Good call on ING too. It's something I've taken advantage of for years.

SavingDiva said...

I'm also trying to save up for a new car while in grad school. I'm kinda hoping my 2000 will last at least another 5 years!