Dec 4, 2008

Lessons Learned?

Our department is looking for another linguistics professor, and this week we had two guys come and give mock teaching demonstrations and job talks. It's really interesting to be a part of this process and see it from both sides. We have a little bit of a say in who we like and who we want to come here, and it's definitely a learning experience to watch what the candidates have to do. If I go through with the Phd program and try to get a job as a professor, this is the kind of thing I would have to do to get a job. Certainly more stressful than a normal interview!

Oh, and AES put my loan into deferrment AGAIN. Despite my nasty letter telling them never to do that in the future without my prior approval. Apparently my wishes mean nothing. This time I'm done fighting though; I'm so over it (kind of). I'll just keep sending my payments in as usual. *Sigh*

3 comments:

JR Moreau said...

Do not let AES off the hook! If they roll your interest into the principal they're screwing your changes of paying it off early. Fight the power!!! ;-)

Unknown said...

Hello,
I'm interested in advertising on your blog http://livinglavidabroka.blogspot.com. At the moment, I'm looking for intext links. Do you write paid posts? How much does it cost?
My website provides information on credit deals and ways to manage one's finances.
Waiting for your reply.

Canadian Saver said...

Sounds very interesting!! I'd like to watch them do the mock classes :-)