Apr 9, 2009

Change of Plans

Alright, just when I thought everything was all set up for next year as far as my living situation goes, there’s been a change of plans. Apparently the girl whose apartment I’ll be living in is not allowed to go to Germany anymore (stupid department drama I’ll not get into), and she doesn’t need us to take over her apartment anymore. Thankfully, my name is on the lease so I’ll get to stay as her roommate, but the other guy is going to have to find another place to stay. I feel bad for him, since he is in another country right now and is going to have to scramble for a place to live. But the other part of me is glad that at least I still have a nice apartment to live in...

The downside is that I was really excited to use her big bedroom with the queen bed, but now I have to take the tiny side room, which has no furniture in it. I have a dresser from my old place, but I’ll need a bed and a desk. I refuse to spend money on a twin bed though — if I'm going to buy a bed, it’s going to be a big, “grown-up” one. So we’ll see what I find.

2 comments:

Lucy said...

Check yard sales and thrift/consignment stores! That way you can get furniture that fits the room, but you'll spend very little money, even if you feel like slapping some paint on whatever you buy. The other day I bought a nightstand for $4 at a thrift store. Even after I paint it and put on new hardware, I'll have less than $10 invested.

ashley said...

Yeah I think that's gonna be the plan... although painting and decorating it is a really good idea! Then I can make it prettier.